Monday, December 7, 2015

Transfer Time

What a week it has been! Saying good bye to everyone in Fulton was bitter sweet. But I am so excited to be here in the Mahomet Ward!! We were busy busy from Monday till Wednesday morning, packing and saying good bye. 
Tuesday a member in the Fulton Ward gave me a going away present. Pigs Feet. It was so nasty but I had to try it. I have been telling them that I wanted to try it for a long time and they finally found me some. SO nasty. Will never eat that again. I also just got word from my trainee that Michael hasn't drank coffee all week and is still good to be baptized on the 12th!! I am so happy for him! I guess they celebrated with doughnuts haha 
My new companion is Sister Grover from Phoenix Arizona and she has been out for about 3 months. She just finish being trained so I am follow up training her. She has two older sisters who are married. and a younger brother. She is the first to serve a mission. She is pretty awesome! we are getting along just fine! :) We are sharing the Mahomet Ward with the Zone leaders and we don't have a lot of less actives in our area! I think this is my first area where we don't have over a hundred less actives. Probably because Elder Bednar visits this ward so often haha jk But there is a lot more tracting and finding in this area and less focus on less actives which is awesome! I felt like my last area we focused on less actives a lot. Also that lady I told you about that said she wasn't going to church anymore called me the first day I got here. It was so good to talk to her again! We are going to have lunch with her this Friday. She told me "Sister Fisher promise me you won't get mad at me!" haha I told her too late! It will be good to see her again :) 
My first Sunday in Mahomet was stake conference! Which was awesome because I got to see a lot of people from the Rantoul Branch!! Lots of hugs were given and I was glad people still remembered me :) It was a very good conference. I love the stake presidency here. We already have our day planned out for Christmas too! President McNab (First Counselor in the stake presidency) Is having our district come to his house for breakfast! Apparently he can speak Elvin from lord of the rings so I really want him to speak it for me. and then we are going to another members house to skype. I don't know what time yet though. probably around noon but I will keep you posted. 

My new address is:
2503 W Springfield Apt G6 
Champaign IL 61821

The weather in Illinois is quite different from Missouri. It is more north so it is colder and it has been VERY foggy out lately. Someone in the Rantoul Branch told me that my hair looks less tight than it did in the summer. so I guess less humidity in the winter haha No snow yet. Just lots of rain and fog. They don't get a lot of snow here until January or feburary. 
We are teaching a lot of cool people here too. A lot like Rantoul. A lot of Black people. Missouri has the red necks where no one has teeth, Illinois has all the black people and swag. I can freshen up on my ebonics!
But We are teaching an Indian lady named Raji and apparently she just showed up to our church building one day and wanted to learn more. She is super cute and super solid. Her Husband isn't into it though so that could be holding her back from being baptized. She came to stake conference and was playing on here phone a lot so I thought she was bored and wasn't paying attention but then I realized she was recording the talks! After stake conference she said that she really liked it :) 
I haven't been able to meet the ward very well yet but I love them already! The ward mission leader is awesome! We got to watch the Christmas Devotional at his house with popcorn and blankets. Made me think of our sunday movie nights and popcorn :) 
I love serving in the city again and having everything so close! We just cover the edge of champaign and other small towns too.
I am excited. It is going to be a good Christmas! The best time to be a missionary is at Christmas! People like to talk about Jesus this time of year :) 
Love you all! 
Sister Fisher 




No comments:

Post a Comment