Tuesday, September 8, 2015

poutine

Hello! We got permission to write today because the library was closed on labor day. I hope you guys had fun at the lybberts! 
I am no longer in a tri. I am with another sister whose companion finished her mission and will be with her in fulton until tomorrow when I get my new companion.  my new companion will be fresh from the MTC. I won't know who she is until tomorrow. I am not as nervous because I have a better idea of what to expect but I hope it goes well! 
This week was good. We had some cool experiences. 
I want to make this story as intense as possible because it was intense at the time. We picked up this married couple a couple weeks ago. They are the people i talked about last week that said, ""I don't know if God is trying to tell us something but missionaries just keep coming back!" There is so much more to there story. The LDS church has definitely played a part in there life. They have gotten into anti material in the past and because of it they have hard feelings against joseph smith. I was so excited to teach them again. we planned a great lesson for them and then we went to go see them one night and the man came to the door and said that they didn't want to meet with us anymore and slowly closed the door on us. we were kind of shocked and walked slowly back to the car talking how this just was not right. We paused and sister furniss looks at me and is like, "do you want to go back?" I said yes and we went and knocked on there door again and the guy opened the door again. We asked him what happened and wanted to know if we were still friends and he still didn't give us much of an answer and closed the door on us. 
I still didn't feel satisfied. I wanted to talk to the wife. but we were driving away so I decided to give them a call. I put in there number and just stared at the phone and my companions were just looking at me. I said a little prayer and said, "Father, please don't let my fear stop me from doing something that is right." the phone rang....
and the husband answered the phone ._. 
I said, "Hello may I talk to Diana please?"
"May I ask who's calling?"
And then I said, "... the sister missionaries??"
Haha I thought he was going to hang up on me but he actually gave the phone to her!
I got to talk to her for a while and she had a lot of concerns but what she brought up wasn't really centered on our church. I feel like she is someone who gets offended easily. I still see hope with these two and sometimes persistence is necessary. It was for these guys. she told me that I should call them again in two weeks when there life is less heated and then go from there. that was better than nothing so I left it at that. 
I have never been so determined before. Haha I have been thinking a lot about prayer as well. Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. When president morgan's Councillor came and visited us he talked about D&C 7 with us. John was asked by the Saviour, What desirest thou? The three Nephites were asked the same question and they all had the same desire. They wanted power over death so that they could continue sharing the gospel until the Saviour's second coming. 
He told us it is not a selfish thing to ask God that we can be better teachers or for baptisms or other specific things. Those are righteous desires. God wants us to ask. He wants to bless us, all we have to do is ask. 
So I have been thinking a lot.. what do I desire? 
I told God I want to see Diana and Greg be baptized and I want to see Devon be baptized. And the only way I can do that is if you let me stay in Fulton for 6 months. Transfer calls came and I will be training again which means I will be here for two more transfers. A total of 6 months. 
I think that is why I didn't give up on Diana and Greg. I asked God for them and it didn't feel right when they said no. 
One of my favorite scriptures in the bible is in Isaiah 55:10-11 God's word "shall not return unto me void, but shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
God's word is Ask and ye shall receive. But that doesn't mean there isn't work involved. As long as it is a righteous desire and I do my best to be obedient and do everything I can, God will do the rest. He will always stick to his word. 
I may be crazy but that is what has been in my mind a lot. Sometimes I feel like I just go with the flow of things. I need to take more control. and be a little more persistent at times haha :P
Well have a great week yall!
Love Britt 

this is Sunday dinner at Sister Grajeda's and her family.We had Poutine

No comments:

Post a Comment