Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Miracle of the week

Hellllooooo family!! 
Things are already amazing this transfer! First I want to say that I love Fulton and I am glad I am staying here for two more transfers. 
My new companions name is Sister White. She is from Star Valley Wyoming. She is 19 and has been out for almost a week. 


Here is three generations right here! ;) My daughter (Sister White, in red), me and my mom(Sister Hayden in blue) at transfer meeting. 
So miracle of the week... I have talked a lot about Devon before in past emails. We were teaching him when I first got here and then he decided that he didn't believe in the church anymore and did a 180 turn. He was really frustrated and we tried everything to help him but his heart was so hard he wouldn't listen. We eventually had to drop him and we didn't hear from him for like three weeks. It was frustrating because I couldn't understand him and I didn't know how to help him so I was praying a lot for him.  Then we were at a members home one night for dinner and the member got a text message from Devon and he said something like, "sorry I haven't been to church in a while, I have been struggling with my faith but something keeps drawing me back to this church" So he came to church that sunday and I talked to him and he said he has been reading and praying a lot and he started college and is saving up for a car... things are doing really well for him. We decided to play it cool with him and just let him figure things out before jumping into teaching him again.
So he has been coming to church every week since and he always comes and says hi to us and he has made a lot of friends with the members. So after give him some time yesterday I finally asked him what his plan was and he told me that he wants to get baptized in October when he gets off parole. He told me that he knows the church is true!.... What desirest thou?? :O
I texted him this morning to set something up with him this week and he sent us this message, "Yea that would be amazing! Thank you very much :) I appreciate everything and all the help that I'm getting on my spiritual progression to Christ." 
Is this too good to be true?! I did ask for this. I want to help Devon get to baptism. This church is so true :) I barely did anything, God is the one that is pouring out his blessings.
1 Corinthians 3:6-7 says, "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that plantethany thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase."
I didn't start teaching devon. Missionaries before me planted that seed. I have taken part in the watering and God is the one that gives the increase. I think that is so cool!! We are just part of this big team!! I love being a missionary!! "For weare labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building." (1Cor.3:9)
We are also having something called a mission tour this week. Elder Scott Grow from the 70 will be speaking to us and I am so excited to hear what he has to say to us! :) 
Anyways have a great week! 
Love you all 
Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment