Monday, March 14, 2016

New favorite place

Hello Family! 
That is quite the news this week! I thought I would be speaking the Sunday I would get home from my mission. I am kinda glad I have time to ponder my mission as well as adjust to my life at home until May 8th. I am also kinda sad that I miss my auntie dawns wedding! But I am excited that they are finally getting married :)
Well we finished all our zone conferences this week. we definitely feel like we did better on our training the second time. We had a lot of missionaries saying that this was there favorite zone conference yet! Although a lot of the missionaries are very green but still! It was cool to help motivate the missionaries in the mission and teach repentance. We have been crazy studying and talking about repentance and I think I am starting to understand what it means to repent and I am loving the simple principle of repentance. Repentance is good and positive and is not optional for our salvation. It is also needed daily. 
I have also been think a lot of how wonderful the missionary program is and how beautifully it prepares us to be true disciples of Jesus Christ and prepares us to be leaders. Since this is my last transfer I have been doing this "My Plan" course once a week that helps me set goals and lay a foundation to prepare me for when I come home. I have been really enjoying  it. Some of the topics have been about having a vision/one year goal, using my patriarchal blessing as a guide, spiritual goals, relationship goals, service in the church goal, educational goals, Goals, goals, goals,....
The last myplan training I did was called Continuing Discipleship. It mostly talked about how I can still have the spirit with me at home as strong as I have had it on my mission and can still have opportunities to serve. Prayer, Scripture study, Sabbath day observance, temple attendance, institute, technology safety, blah blah blah so many things that can play a part in helping me have a successful return home and to have the RM blues. But I think I am realizing how much of a plan I do not have! So I am glad I am doing this and taking time each week to think about it. 
We had a good week though. We set a baptism date for Patrick and Priscilla. He wants to get baptized so bad. He knows it's true it is just so sad that he has addictions that are keeping him bound. That is why I am really loving this study of repentance. It is really repentance that frees us from sin. True sincere repentance. I know Patrick can do it because Jesus Christ is on his side! 
Also did ya'll see the new Easter video?? #Hallelujah followhim.mormon.org check it out and share. I love sharing these initiatives! This is the best time to be a missionary and to see the gospel being shared all over the world through media! In so many different languages!! This is a fulfillment of prophecy!!! D&C 90:11
Anyways have a fantastic week! make good choices! 
Love britt 
​We had dinner at this place called Tom+Chee. that is short for tomato and cheese. It is a place that sells amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. This is a doughnut grilled cheese sandwich. So good! New favorite place.


No comments:

Post a Comment