Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter

Hola Familia!
We have had a rockin #Hallelujah week! The Lord is blessing us and we are still going strong! 
To start off the week... Me and Sister Turpin got matching dresses! Comp unity! Super comfy, super cute. that is how I like it!

Then we had EXCHANGE MIRACLES this week! #Hallelujah!! 
On Tuesday Sister Oldroyd came with me in O'Fallon. We had a long busy day with appointments. We are teaching a 10 year old girl named Piper! Her grandparents baptized a little over a year ago and I love them! She came to church yesterday in bunny ears 👯So we had a great lesson with them! But we also were out and about Tuesday evening And we didn't really have time to go see anyone. We were at an apartment complex so we decided that we would knock on a few doors for the last few minutes of the night. The first door we knocked on was Kim. She was in her pjs and looked a little confused as to why we were at her door but we told  her who we were and that we shared messages of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. She was like, "Oh okay... do you want to step in for a minute?" Yussss
So we were talking to her for a bit and she grew up baptist but she has been looking for a church where she can feel comfortable and accepted because she has a little chihuahua service dog. She has epilepsy so the dog can sense when she is about to have a seizure. The dog's name is Caesar! haha But anyways when we were talking to her and she really believes in personal revelation and she said that she had been touched by the spirit and she straight up told me that she felt the spirit when I was talking.... That is cool. We asked her if she was going anywhere for Easter Sunday and invited her to come to church. She came!! I hope she liked it. We had a pretty good Easter program and she stayed for the second hour but didn't stay for relief society. 
While Sister Turpin stayed in O'Fallon they were able to pick up a really cute girl we have been trying to see for a while and her mom was finally home!! Sister Turpin said that they were super cute and really interested and so I will see them this week 😊
And then on Friday we met this family of girls that we have been trying to pick up for a while. we have only met the daughters but the mom was finally home when we stopped by and she told us, "Sorry girls don't mean to be rude but our beliefs are just too different. We believe Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior." And I was like, "Awesome! So do we!" and she was like, "Really? okay you can come in. But if you do say something that is not right I won't be afraid to say something." Haha We talked about why we celebrate Easter and that Jesus Christ is resurrected and stuff and it was a nice conversation. It is kinda cool how similar our beliefs are with a lot of religions. They are Baptist. We wanted to share with them the #Hallelujah video but they didn't have internet... so wish we had ipads. But we are going back to see them again! We left the mom the restoration pamphlet and she was glued to that pamphlet when we left. She really liked it. That is why I love this Hallelujah video so much because any christian can feel the spirit and agree with the message! It is a message for the whole world! peace and love.
Saturday we met a less active family that I have never met before and watched the Hallelujah video with them and invited them to church and they came!! They were super nice! Just a super busy schedule. 
And so much other good sprinkled through out the week. Like getting that Easter package! thank you thank you! Also I bought a suitcase last pday. I think I collected a few things through out the mish. It was only like 30 bucks so hopefully you are not mad at me.
Hmmm I wonder what ward Brother Peterson went to. You will have to let me know because maybe I went there on exchanges! 
The youth here spoiled it for me and told me that superman dies. I thought that was ridiculous but I don't know. that is what they were saying. I will have to see when I get home!
Also know one knows what perogies are down here. they don't got them so I will have to eat some of that when I get home.
It always makes me so excited when I hear about your missionary work Dad! It is always kinda weird to hear people I actually know potentially learning more about the gospel. Keep up the good work! #Hallelujah!! 
I wonder how many times I have said Hallelujah in this email. I say Hallelujah like ten times a day now... anyways
Love you all! And no it hasn't hit me yet that I am going home... in 2 weeks.... I am way too busy to think about home too much. Reading everyone's emails today was kinda weird though because too many people are mentioning it!!
I will talk to you all next week! 
Lots of Love!
Sister Fisher
 #Hallelujah!! 🙆
Me and Sister Kikkert (Salt Lake City)

​Sister Day (Utah), Sister Oldroyd (Utah), me and Sister Turpin! Matchy matchy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment