Monday, October 12, 2015

Tucker

Hello again! 
I has been a super rough couple of weeks and it has been hard to stay positive but we are hanging in there. Devon did not get baptized. He was chickening out right before his interview so we had to cancel and then just today he told us that he prayed about it and through a voice God told him that this wasn't the true church and advised us to pray and seek for a different church. Our ward mission leader told us if he tries to talk to us again to let him know and he will take care of it because of his hot and cold personality. One day he is excited and wants to get baptized and then the next he hates the church and hates us. It is weird. I think he is bi-polar
Been feeling a lot of rejection lately but I still really like this area. The members are super sweet and make me happy so I am grateful for that. 
Monday was really cool! The sisters in our zone went to Columbia MO and went hiking and went to some caves called the Devil's icebox. It was really cool...literally. I think that is why they call it the devil's icebox because it is cooler down there. I took some pictures but I forgot my camera today so I will send you pictures next time. 
Then we went to see a less active that I have never met before and she was really welcoming and she told us she was really glad that we came by. she said that missionaries always know when to stop by because she was having a really hard day at work and she was just grateful that we came. we are going to have family home evening with her and her family today. Aaaaaand her husband isn't a member.... so she was a blessing. 
We watched meet the mormons on friday evening and two of our investigators came :) Phillip came and he is the guy who says peace love and no bugs a lot. He also is a paraplegic. He really liked the movie and it actually brought him to tears. The dad at the end of the movie has one leg so he was really touch by that.
We went tracting on a street called tucker ln and it made me think of Kaitlyn and Tucker!! We found some really funny cool people on that street so hopefully something cool will come from it! :) 
I am excited for this next week...we have a lot more adventures ahead!
Always count your blessings :) Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! 
Sister Fisher 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment