Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring cleaning

Sister Limb is our Housing coordinator and she sent out a message to all the missionaries about spring cleaning and she changed the words to D&C 4:3. I thought mom would find this funny. It says, 
"For behold, the apartment is dirty all ready to clean and lo he that thrusteth his vacuum and mop with his might the same cleaneth up the place that it stinketh not, but bringeth gladness to his soul!" #Springcleaning
haha I love this mission. Our leaders are awesome! :)
Also The black boxes I was also talking about last week, well we got them and they are actually called Tiwi boxes (A lot less intimidating then black boxes haha) But they talk to you if you are speeding, driving aggressively, or if you are not wearing a seat belt. You log in with a card and then whenever you drive carelessly it informs the mission office.They are pretty cool and I think it is a good idea to help the missionaries in this mission to drive more carefully and will save the church a lot of money. 

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Ya my last Companion from Vegas has told me of some interesting things that are on the strip. I am sure you had quite the show. 
I had a pretty good week. Feeling a little stressed though. Just with expectations as a missionary and prioritizing things and deciding what to do with people. Faith wants to hold off getting baptized. She is doubting about Joseph Smith and modern prophets. The prophet didn't speak at the sessions she went to so that was kinda disappointing. I feel worried for Pres. Monson. He only spoke once at conference which I thought was kind of weird. I hope he is not sick. Everyone is looking really old in the quorum of the 12. It is sad.
But I really enjoyed conference. Like Elder Fisher said, it was a very comforting conference. Especially for a missionary. My favorite talk was by Michael T. Ringwood from the quorum of the 70. I like how he talked about his Book of Mormon hero, Shiblon. And being truly good and without guile. Saturday sessions was just really good. 
We picked up a 2 new investigators this week. One is the 9 year old boy I was talking about. His mom is a less active and his day is a some what recent convert. He will be really fun to teach and we hope to get him baptized on May 2nd. Hopefully with us teaching there some we can get him more active. 
Also we picked up an old lady who was scarred from her passed religious experiences. She doesn't understand faith and she likes things proven to her. It will probably take some time with her. But our first lesson we had with her we taught the plan of salvation. It was a sad but kind of cool and spiritual lesson. She had lost her son and her mother around the same time. With tears in her eyes she told us that she just believes that her son is a bunch of bones in the ground. As we explained the plan of salvation to her, it felt so good to testify to her that she would see her son again, ressurected with a perfect body. She seemed comforted by Gods plan and told us it made sense. I don't know if it meant anything to her but It made me think of how grateful I am for the understanding that I have for Gods plan. I don't have tears of sorrow in believing that I will just be a bunch of bones in the ground but I have tears of joy in knowing that I will live again with my family forever in happiness. It is so sad and frustrating when people don't except our messages. I always think, "If only they knew!!! If only they knew how much happiness and peace this could give them." 
Anyways stay safe! Have fun! Lots of Love!
Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment