Monday, March 16, 2015

Banana/sprite

The weather is beautiful now in Rantoul Illinois!! Everybody is out BBQing and playing outside and the birds are making lots of noise! It's fantastic! 
I had a great week. We picked up a new investigator named Beverly. She is a Black lady who fosters a bunch of kids. She is really nice. She thought we were nuns. A common mistake it seems like a lot of people make. But we had a lesson with her and at the end before we left she said, "You guys pree coo! We gon' have fun!" haha I love it! 
We also found another girl who lives with her boy friend. I thought she was 16 when I first saw her. She is so tiny but she seems pretty cool so we picked her up as an investigator. 
We had two investigators come to church this Sunday! One was Von who plans to get baptized this weekend!! I am so excited for her! Von's daughter is a recent convert. Von's family and her boyfriend came to church! They really liked it. 
Also my companion is weird. She tried to do the gallon challenge this week because a member in our Branch (Brother Peterson) convinced her to do it. It did not end well. She was so sick and she was trying to make herself puke. Me and Brother Peterson did the Banana and sprite challenge but it didn't work. We felt fine after. It was funny. 
I also made a skirt this week! In our branch, one of the members mother (who is not a member) taught us how to make a skirt! She has no interest in getting baptized (We have already asked) but she loves us! I don't know her name though. Everyone calls her Ma. But she is so much fun! I love her! 
Also I went to one of our investigators Tumor, Cyst party! haha she found out that she got a tumor on one kidney and a cyst on the other so she invited us to go to Olive Garden with her. When we were done eating we went to the bathroom and Julia was in the bathroom stall and Julia then shouts out, "Thank you guys for coming to my Tumor Cyst Party!!" haha everyone in that bathroom had a confused look on there face it was funny. Julia has such a strong faith in Jesus Christ and a love for God. She always says that she is a conqueror. And she is the one who always says, "Get yo praise on!" She doesn't believe in organized religion though. She is non denominational. 
 Is Brady Broderson taking the discussions? I remember you guys telling me that he was going to church a lot. 
Anyways, I can definitely see us being blessed. Missionary work is awesome and I know that God will continually bless you as you continue to invite friends and be good examples. A scripture I really like in the Book of Mormon about missionary work is about the sons of Mosiah. They decided that instead of taking the place of there Father as king, they wanted to give there life to God and preach the gospel to the Lamanites. As we know the Lamanites were not an easy people to preach the gospel to. But in Alma 17 the Lord comforted them. In verse 11 the Lord said to the sons of mosiah, "Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long suffering and afflictions, that ya may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." This is the Lords work and as you continue to be a good example to  your friends, the Lord will use you as an instrument in his hands. He already has!! It is as simple as that. 
And in verse 13 it says that the sons of mosiah departed, "trusting in the Lord... for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken" I LOVE THAT! Missionary work is so great! So trust in the Lord! Have faith! Have confidence in God! He will make us instruments in His hands!
I was thinking about that recently. At home, it was so easy to do what was right. To just believe because that is what I was taught. To just go with the flow of things. But now that I am on my mission and I have had to put my trust in the Lord. I have so many weaknesses. But now that I have relied on my faith because at times that was all I had, I have seen the Lord work through me. I have been an instrument in Gods hands. It is so cool and makes me so happy! It is more clear.  
Even seeing Bandon have success! That is so cool! I think it is fair to say that the Lord is blessing us all because of the work we are all doing! I can definitely see the blessings! 
Anyways I hope you all have a great week! and notice God's tender mercies because they are everywhere! 
Love and miss you! I pray for you guys and Brandon daily!
Sister Fisher
P.S. got any ideas for fun object lesson for dinner thoughts?? :)
Pictures.... This is Julia
                 And my skirt! 




No comments:

Post a Comment