Monday, February 9, 2015

Rantoul Illinois

Sup Ya'll 
So this week was pretty crazy and exciting. Where to start....  
We asked for bus passes because we wanted to try and contact people on the bus for more finding ideas. So we took the bus one day. The Elders in our ward liked that idea because that meant that they could use our car instead of using the bus. I was scared. I thought we were going to get lost. But it was kinda fun. I have said it before. People in St. Louis are really nice and receptive. But sometimes I wish they weren't so nice and would just say that they are not interested and would tell us to go away. It saves so much time. haha jk kinda. We talked to a lot of people who did not live in our area so we gave out a lot of referrals to other missionaries that day. We also met a homeless guy and we got him to sing How Great thou Art to us. It was awesome. I wasn't excited to take the bus but it was actually fun. Until a creepy man told me I had nice eye lashes and then I was like okay I'm done. I want my car back. 
Also transfer calls was this week and I was antsy for that all week. Usually we get transfer calls on Saturday night but our district leader called us Friday night and told us that our area is being white washed. Meaning me and Sister Gadi are leaving and they are putting two new sister missionaries in our area. I thought he was pulling our leg. But it was true and I may have cried. My first thought was how am I going to prepare my investigators for this? This is my baby area and I am going to miss it. But I 100% sustain our leaders and my mission president and I know that they are inspired men of God. And the more I think about it, Heavenly Father has been preparing my investigators, and recent converts for this long before we got the call. Because Drew meets with us and the Elders each week we are going to pass Drew off to the Elders and I know they will take good care of him.
And Daniel and Carolyn called us after we got transfer calls and said that they found out that they are moving to a different area in St. Louis to a facility that gives people with mental disabilities work so they can earn money for themselves which is awesome! So we would be passing them off to new missionaries anyways. I know I have met these people for a reason. And although I may not see them get baptized, I know I have touched there lives in a special way and have helped them prepare to make that covenant with God. Daniel is a 30 year old guy who lives with his parents. He suffers from schizophrenia and depression and I helped him realize that he has a loving Heavenly Father. I remember when I first met him he thought that he was doomed to hell and that was the first thing I asked him. "Do you think God loves you?" He said that he didn't know. You can definitely see a change in his countenance since then. He smiles a lot more. And you should hear the songs he has written. He knows that he has a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior. Of course we have had to remind him many times of this because of his condition, but he now has the Book of Mormon and prayer and his music to go to when he forgets. The Gospel blesses and changes lives! It gives people hope and happiness! I love it! But man I am going to miss Webster Groves. My time is now done here and I know that someone else needs me in my new area. 
Anyways, we got the call on Friday that we were getting white washed but our district leader didn't know where we were going. So we had to wait for Saturday night to figure out where we were going. The next day it was 6:00pm and we were about to visit a sick member and we get a phone call from President Morgan. I was nervous. It is not too often you get a call from the mission president. He called to talk to us about the fact that we were getting white washed and he wanted to assure us that we did nothing wrong but this change was being made because many sisters are leaving this transfer and zero are coming in so a lot of changes needed to be made. Personally I think it is because they needed two fantastic missionaries in different areas so that is why they took me and my companion out haha ;) There are 16 sister missionaries leaving and 0 coming in there were a lot of changes made in the mission. Only 208 missionaries are in the mission now. And we will be loosing 11 more missionaries next transfer. So we asked him if he would tell us where we are going and he told us! We got to know where we were going 3 hrs before the actual transfer calls from the head source! haha I love President Morgan. He is great. My new area is Rantoul Illinois. I will be in a Branch out in the corn fields! So I wont be in the city any more. On this map here you can see Rantoul Branch way up in the right corner of the mission. My new companions name is Sister Sims and that is all I know. 
So we have been going crazy organizing the area book, updating everything and writing notes to inform them of the recent converts, investigators and potential investigators. Writing notes for everything they need to know.
DON'T send anything to my apartment this week. I will be gone by the time it gets there. Send it to the mission office and then next week I will let you know my new address. 
Congratulations at the Basketball tournament! you guys rock! and thank you for the spiritual thoughts/facts/Proverbs. I really do look forward to those. 
That makes me so excited that Justin is doing Family History work. That is so exciting! I bet you will find lots of cool stories! The people on the other side will be grateful for your work! Remember Justin "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" (D&C 18:15-16)
That goes for Family History work too! Those who are in the spirit world can chose to repent and progress and by doing there work on earth you are giving them that opportunity. Keep on saving souls! You are going to have so much joy in God's kingdom. He has got a nice big mansion reserved for you! haha ;) 
I have no plans yet... for valentines Day Just loving people I guess. haha 

The weather here depends on the day. Or the hour haha. They say if you don't like the weather in St. Louis, wait 5 minutes. But we did get some snow this week. It is kind of ridiculous. The first site of snow and they cancel everything. The snow was gone by the next day. It is nothing like we get in Canada. But it sure does get bone chilling cold. It was nice and sunny yesterday. Today is pretty chilly but I am just wearing a light jacket so it is not that bad. 
Oh and I tried an appetizer that is popular in St. Louis this week. It is called Toasted Ravioli and you dip it in marinara sauce. It is pretty delicious. 
I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for the love.
Sister Fisher   

No comments:

Post a Comment