Monday, November 9, 2015

Chill'n

Hello. Thank you for that letter from home. It really helped. A few days ago I was also reading in the scriptures in the new testament and some verses in Romans really hit me. Chapter 5: 

Therefore being justified by faithwe have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice ihope of the glory of God. 
And not only so, but we glorin tribulations also:knowing that tribulation worketh patience
And patience, experience; anexperience, hope: 
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given untus. 
That really hit me because I feel like everything I asked God for ended horribly. It can be tiring doing the same thing, teaching the same lessons over and over again and having rejection day after day. My first time training a companion and my companion ends up going home, which causes me to work two areas instead of one, I am now training again. Devon backed out the day before his baptism interview and told us that God told him that the church isn't true and advised us to pray and seek a different church, other investigators got lost in anti material and told all sorts of awful things about Joseph Smith to us and said they didn't want to meet with us. A member chewed us out over the phone because I guess we offended her less active daughter and she even called the bishop and the ward mission leader about it. Plus regular missionary stress on that. Understandably it can be hard to stay motivated. It is easy to say, "what's the point?"
The point is that I am trying my best and I am on the Lord's errand. I will never do anything like this ever again and this work I am apart of is amazing. The Lord is proud of me and every little thing that I am doing is going toward something that is great. I glory in tribulation because it is teaching me patience and is giving me experience. And because of that I can have hope for the future because I believe and have faith in Jesus Christ and when I do his work I feel the spirit work through me. 
I noticed there were specific times this week that I felt the spirit working through me, I felt it working through me when I was testifying of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation a recent convert named Taylor. I felt the spirit when we taught Michael the importance of repentance and invited him to be baptized again. Which he accepted for Dec.12. :)
I felt the spirit when I taught a less active the importance of partaking of the sacrament. And I felt it as I taught Phillip the plan of salvation and how we can trust in God because he knows all things.
Even though everything doesn't always go according to plan, I can know that my Heavenly Father is pleased with me when I feel the spirit working through me.
I want to tell you about Michael's lesson because it was a memorable one haha. So we planned to teach him the word of wisdom again and the Law of chastity. But then it turned into a repentance lesson. That through Jesus Christ he could feel free of guilt of his past. we invited him to repent and to be baptized and he accepted! It was kinda cool. I never told someone flat out that they need to repent before. So hopefully he can get baptized on Dec 12th! Then after his lesson we got all the alcohol that was in his house and dumped it out with him!! It was so cool! 
We also invited Phillip (The guy with no legs) to be baptized this week and he accepted for Nov. 28th. I would love to see him get baptized. Not just because he has no legs but I desire for his salvation. haha but I guess if it is the Lord's will.
Anyways... THANK YOU! :) And you are right. Agency is cool. annoying at times. but a blessing. A mission is unique for everyone. And I know that That everything that I go through is for my good. It still sucks, but I really love being a missionary and I know I am going to miss it when I go home. 
The picture is of magenta, my comp and me. chillin like a villain. Love you all!
Love Sister Fisher


PS I have not got Salmon jerky yet but I did get a halloween card from yall and a pillow case from the yw. You should be expecting a card and pictures from me soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment