Monday, May 18, 2015

Mowing the Lawn

Hi Family!
We had interviews with the mission president this week and I just love our mission president! He is so inspired! After interviews we were tracting and we came to this guys house and he didn't really want to talk to us because he was cooking dinner and he said he had a lot of stuff to do like mow his lawn. so we offered to mow his lawn and he was like what?! Really?! Dressed like that!? haha it was funny. He then let us mow his lawn! It was awesome! After we mowed his lawn we were able to share a message with him and give him a book of mormon. He didn't want to take the missionary discussions but we were able to serve him and plant a seed by sharing a message with him. He will always remember mormon missionaries came and mowed his lawn.
We not only get members to help us with investigators but I have seen lots of success in bring members to less active lessons. That is something that we didn't do at all in my last area. But I feel like people have so many different backgrounds and experiences, and sometimes I can't relate to people because of my inexperience in life. I am only 19. but members I feel like can relate to investigators and less active members on a different level. And I feel like God guides us by the spirit on who we need to bring with us at that certain time. 
Also investigators and less active members need friends. Because conversion is such a big change they need a friend to help them so they are not alone in that change. That is why I think visiting teaching and home teaching are so important. We were able to go out with a lady to help her with her visiting teaching and it was very beneficial. The less active member knew the missionaries very well but she didn't know her visiting teacher and we were able to introduce them and build that relationship. We reactivated a young mom with two boys. missionaries have a good relationship with her went over weekly and shared messages with her. One week me and my companion decided to bring the branch president and his wife with us. they were able to build a friendship and the branch president will actually be marrying her and her boyfriend this summer. she has been coming to church 3 weeks in a row now and her boys are loving primary. 
I have lots of less active success stories here! But really it is sad. A lot of reasons why less actives don't come to church is because they were offended. All they really need is a friend. SO my challenge to you is to go out and make a new friend!! 
I love you guys! Have a great week! 
Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment