Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hey!
Sorry I didn't write you yesterday. A lot has happened this week! I left the MTC on October 7th and arrived in St. Louis about1:00pm. Our Mission president and his wife and his assistent were there to pick us up and it was kinda weird to see them in real life! It was like seeing celebrities because I have seen there picture so much and read so much about them. Anyways, they first took us to the St. Louis Temple which was beautiful and we took some pictures! You should be getting a picture and a letter from the mission president sometime soon. Then we went to the Mission Home and that home was so beautiful! Very simple but so nice! We got to stay the night at the mission home and we had a testimony meeting in the living room and each had an interview with the president. I love our Mission President and his wife! They are so loving and his wife is seriously perfect. Like I don't think she has one single flaw. But she is so nice. I loved staying in there home. 
On wednesday we had our transfer meeting and I got a new companion! her name is Sister Hayden and she is from Washington state. She is great :) 
So my first area in the St. Louis mission is..... Webster Groves! I am in the St. Louis South zone so I am in St. Louis! 
Webster Groves is the name of my ward. I am in a family ward. And guess what! There is a guy named George Bailey in my ward! Haha I couldn't help but laugh when I heard that! I am gonna miss watching It's a Wonderful Life with you guys but at least I will get to chill with George Bailey!! Anyways I will probably be in this area until after Christmas. We have been pretty busy with lots of appointments so I haven't gone tracking that much but I kinda enjoy tracking. We have quite a few investigators and two with baptismal dates. One of our investigators has a smoking addiction so we are helping him over come that and we gave him a quit smoking packet. It's just kinda cool because I worked with people with addictions before my mission and I get to continue to help them during my mission. He came to church last sunday so I got to sit with him. Hopefully he will be ready for his baptismal date on November 1st. And Our other investigator bore his testimony at church!! That was awesome!
On Thursday I got to crochet with a less active member so Auntie Deanna will be pleased to know that I am taking up that skill now because we meet with her every other week. It's actually not that hard! Our District is going to make a district blanket and put it in the mission home :) 
Last saturday I also got to help an old lady in our ward move. my shoulders are still a little sore from that. 
I didn't get to write you yesterday because we had a Mission conference!! Every missionary in the mission came to St. Louis and we got to listen to our Mission president and a member of the Quorum of the 70! His name was Elder Satati. He is from Kenya Africa. One of the Questions that Elder Satati asked us is, When you think of your hero... What scripture do you think of? So I want you all to answer that question for me :) I think of Moroni 7:45.
Also at our mission conference we had the opportunity to watch the movie Meet the Mormons. And it was so good! I really really encourage all of you to watch it! It's funny, spiritual, and inspirational! It really shows a nice diversity of different mormon families in the world. I loved it so much!  
That is so awesome to hear about Thanksgiving! Because I was at the Mission conference I met up with most of the Canadians in the mission and we all ate at the same table for lunch and had our own Thanksgiving dinner as we ate our turkey sandwiches haha. It was funny. 
I hope your toe gets better. If I was there I would kiss it better for you :) And I hope Auntie Dawn heals up too. 
You will have to send me some cool shots that you take with your new camera gear! I am glad to hear you guys are having fun!

Also A few things I need to ask from you.
1. I need you to send the mission office my Driving records ASAP! Please please!
2. What is Kaitlyn's Email? 
3. Give Referrals to the poor missionaries in Claresholm. It sucks not having appointments. haha 

Love ya Lots and pray for you guys everyday! 
Sister Fisher

Grandparents!! 
I love you and miss you very much! I am having a wonderful time so far and have been so blessed with spiritual experiences!
Conference really was amazing! And it was cool to watch it in the MTC with 2000 other missionaries in a big Gym! The spirit was incredible! 
But I am now in the Mission field! I left the MTC October 7th at 4:30 in the morning and I took a bus, train and airplane to get here! Bu I am here and safe. 
My first area is in the St. Louis south Zone and I am in the Webster Groves ward.

I am learning so much and growing a little at a time :) 
Yesterday we had a Mission Conference! Every missionary in the mission came to St. Louis and we got to listen to our Mission president and a member of the Quorum of the 70! His name was Elder Satati. He is from Kenya Africa. One of the Questions that Elder Satati asked us is, When you think of your hero... What scripture do you think of? So I want you all to answer that question for me :) I think of Moroni 7:45.
Also at our mission conference we had the opportunity to watch the movie Meet the Mormons. And it was so good! I really really encourage all of you to watch it! I think it should be playing at the Movie Mill right now... It's funny, spiritual, and inspirational! It really shows a nice diversity of different mormon families in the world and what mormons believe in. I loved it so much! 
I hope all is well! 
Love
Sister Fisher



My view for General Conference!


​Me and the Mission President and ​his wife at the St. Louis Temple.


​The group that traveled to Missouri together and The Mission President

​My First companion and trainer... Sister Hayden!!






No comments:

Post a Comment